Fall in love with Loaded Steak Nachos
There’s something magical about bite-sized indulgence that combines the smoky flavors of the grill, the gooey goodness of melted cheese, and the satisfying crunch of nacho chips. Loaded Steak Nachos, with their irresistible combination of tender marinated steak, vibrant toppings, and zesty sauces, have become a go-to comfort food for me and my loved ones.
For years, this delectable creation has been my favorite game night dish. Picture it: friends gathered around, cheering for their favorite teams, and devouring mountains of these loaded nachos. It has become a ritual, creating memories that I hold dear. One particular evening, while the smell of sizzling steak filled the air, laughter filled the room, and the nachos disappeared in record time, I couldn’t help but wonder about the origins of this beloved dish.
Inspiration from Mexican Gastronomy
Mexican cuisine, with its rich tapestry of flavors, has long been a source of inspiration and joy for food lovers around the world. Nachos, a Tex-Mex creation attributed to Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya, gained popularity in the mid-1940s. It is said that Ignacio, working as a maître d’ at a restaurant, whipped up a quick snack for a group of hungry soldiers using whatever ingredients were available. This impromptu creation became an instant hit, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Over the years, chefs and home cooks have put their own spin on nachos, giving birth to countless variations, including the mouthwatering Loaded Steak Nachos. Today, I’ll be sharing with you my take on this classic treat.
– 1 pound of flank steak, thinly sliced
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 bag of tortilla chips
– 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 small red onion, diced
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
– 1 avocado, diced
– Cilantro leaves, for garnish
– Sour cream, for serving
– Salsa or hot sauce, for serving
1. Marinate the Steak: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the thinly sliced flank steak to the bowl and toss well to coat the meat evenly. Allow the steak to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator for more intense flavors.
2. Grill the Steak: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the marinated steak from the bowl and shake off any excess marinade. Place the steak on the preheated grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
3. Assemble the Nachos: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange a layer of tortilla chips on a large ovenproof platter or baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the shredded Mexican cheese blend evenly over the chips. Add a layer of diced red bell pepper, red onion, and jalapeno pepper on top of the cheese. Place another layer of tortilla chips on top of the vegetables, followed by the remaining shredded cheese.
4. Bake and Garnish: Place the platter or baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the nachos are heated through. Remove from the oven and garnish with diced avocado and fresh cilantro leaves.
5. Serve and Enjoy: Transfer the loaded steak nachos to a serving platter. Serve with sour cream, salsa, or hot sauce on the side for dipping. Grab a chip, load it up with your favorite toppings, and savor the explosion of flavors.
Tips and Variations:
– For a vegetarian twist, replace the steak with grilled Portobello mushrooms or marinated tofu.
– Experiment with different cheese blends such as Monterey Jack, cheddar, or pepper jack for a unique flavor profile.
– Customize your toppings by adding sliced black olives, pickled jalapenos, or even diced tomatoes for an extra burst of freshness.
– Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice over the nachos before serving to brighten the flavors.
– Want to go the extra mile? Serve your loaded steak nachos with freshly made guacamole and homemade pico de gallo for the ultimate fiesta experience.
There you have it, loaded steak nachos, a dish packed with history, flavors, and memories. Gather your loved ones, ignite the grill, and embark on a culinary journey that will leave you craving for more. Let the ritual of sharing this delectable creation enrich your soul and create new memories of your own.
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 24g
|Saturated Fat 10g
|Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrate 23g
|Dietary Fiber 4g
|Vitamin A 8%
|Vitamin C 15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: