– 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
– 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
– 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (optional, for extra creaminess)
– Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, crushed cookies, toasted nuts, or fresh fruit
1. Begin by placing the cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. This will help to separate the liquid from the creamy coconut solids.
2. The following day, remove the cans from the refrigerator and open them carefully. Skim off the thick coconut cream from the top into a mixing bowl, leaving behind any remaining liquid. Don’t discard the liquid – it can be used in smoothies or other dishes.
3. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, beat the coconut cream until it becomes smooth and creamy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
4. Gradually add the sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to the bowl, continuing to beat until everything is well combined.
5. At this point, if you desire an extra creamy texture, whisk in the cornstarch. This step is optional but highly recommended.
6. Once the mixture is smooth and homogeneous, transfer it to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Typically, this takes around 20-30 minutes.
7. While the ice cream churns, prepare any desired mix-ins by chopping them into small pieces. You can add them to the ice cream during the last few minutes of churning or layer them in once the ice cream is done.
8. Once the ice cream reaches a soft-serve consistency, transfer it to a lidded container, gently folding in any mix-ins if desired. Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until the ice cream is firm.
9. When ready to serve, scoop into bowls or cones, savoring every bite of this rich, creamy, dairy-free delight.
Tips and Variations:
– For a more intense vanilla flavor, consider using a vanilla bean instead of or in addition to the vanilla extract. Simply split the bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; add both the seeds and the whole bean to the mixture while beating.
– For a delectable twist, try substituting the granulated sugar with maple syrup or agave nectar.
– Experiment with various mix-ins to personalize your ice cream. Think crushed cookies, toasted coconut flakes, caramel swirls, or even fresh berries for a burst of summery sweetness.
– If you prefer a softer ice cream, enjoy it immediately after the churning process rather than freezing it for a few hours.
Indulging in a bowl of this Easy Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream feels like taking a refreshing dip in a sun-dappled pool on a scorching summer day. The delectable combination of creamy coconut, sweet vanilla, and the possibility of personalized mix-ins opens a world of flavor possibilities. Whether you follow a dairy-free lifestyle or simply wish to explore new taste sensations, this recipe is sure to become your go-to for satisfying frozen delights. It’s time to embrace the summer and revel in this dairy-free decadence!
This image can go towards the bottom of the post: