– 8 ounces (225g) of fettuccine pasta
– 1 pound (500g) of fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup (240ml) of heavy cream
– 1/2 cup (120ml) of chicken or vegetable broth
– 1/2 cup (120ml) of dry white wine
– 1/2 cup (50g) of grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped
– Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving a little pasta water.
2. Sauté the prawns: In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Be careful not to burn it. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the prawns from the skillet and set aside.
3. Make the sauce: In the same skillet, pour in the white wine and bring it to a simmer. Allow it to reduce by half, about 3-4 minutes. Then, add the chicken or vegetable broth and simmer for another 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Cook the sauce for 3-4 minutes until it thickens slightly.
4. Combine the prawns and pasta: Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce. Toss gently to coat the pasta evenly in the luscious sauce. If the sauce seems too thick, add a splash of the reserved pasta water to loosen it up.
5. Serve and enjoy: Transfer the prawn fettuccine to serving plates or a large platter. Top it with the sautéed prawns and sprinkle with chopped parsley. This dish is best served immediately while the sauce is still creamy and the prawns are warm. Pair it with a glass of crisp white wine or a refreshing lemonade to complete the coastal experience.
Tips and Variations:
– For a touch of freshness, add a squeeze of lemon juice over the pasta before serving.
– Experiment with different types of pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti, to switch things up.
– Enhance the flavors with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a subtle heat.
– For a healthier twist, consider using whole wheat or gluten-free pasta options.
– You can also add some cherry tomatoes or sautéed mushrooms to the dish for added texture and flavor.
Indulging in this prawn fettuccine awakens my taste buds and transports me back to that picturesque fishing village, with its vibrant colors and captivating scents. This recipe allows us to create our own coastal escape and enjoy a delicious seafood pasta right at home. So, my culinary adventurers, put your aprons on, dive into this recipe, and savor the taste of the sea!