- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crusty bread or toast, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Pay close attention, as we want the garlic to infuse the oil without browning.
- Carefully introduce the finely chopped tomatoes to the pan, allowing them to soften and release their juices. Stir occasionally, ensuring they cook evenly without turning into a sauce. This process should take around 5-6 minutes.
- While the tomatoes simmer, crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk them briskly until well combined and slightly frothy.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour the beaten eggs over the tomatoes in the pan. Immediately begin to scramble them gently, using a wooden spoon or spatula. Keep stirring gently, allowing the eggs to cook slowly and evenly.
- As the eggs start to firm up but are still slightly runny, add the chopped basil leaves, salt, and pepper to the pan. Continue stirring gently, making sure not to overcook the eggs. We want them to be creamy and tender.
- Once the eggs have reached a consistency you desire (typically achieved when they are still slightly moist), remove the pan from the heat. Remember, the residual heat will continue to cook the eggs, so it’s better to undercook them slightly than to end up with dry scrambled eggs.
- Serve the Uova Strapazzate con Pomodoro e Basilico immediately on a plate alongside some crusty bread or toast. The textures and flavors beautifully complement each other, creating a harmonious symphony on your taste buds.
Tip: For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top of the scrambled eggs before serving.
Conclusion: Whether you’re looking to savor a taste of the Mediterranean or simply craving a quick, nourishing breakfast, Uova Strapazzate con Pomodoro e Basilico will never disappoint. Its simplicity, coupled with the freshness of ripe tomatoes and fragrant basil, makes it an unforgettable dish that connects us to the rustic flavors of Italian cuisine. So grab your pan, whisk, and enjoy this effortless yet soul-satisfying breakfast that will transport you straight to the sun-drenched shores of Italy. Buon appetito!
– Experiment with different types of tomatoes, such as cherry tomatoes or heirloom varieties, to explore unique tastes and textures.
– Don’t shy away from customizing your Uova Strapazzate con Pomodoro e Basilico! Add some sautéed mushrooms, diced bell peppers, or even a touch of chili flakes if you enjoy a bit of heat.
This image can go towards the bottom of the post: