Image: Peach Cobbler Ingredients
Image: Peach Cobbler Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and butter a 9×9-inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Gently toss the mixture until the peaches are evenly coated. Allow the filling to sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the natural juices to meld.
3. Pour the peach filling into the prepared baking dish, ensuring even distribution.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt for the biscuit topping. Add the cold cubed butter and, using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Pour in the milk and vanilla extract. Stir until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are perfectly fine.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the biscuit dough onto the peach filling, evenly distributing the dough across the surface.
7. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the peach filling is bubbling around the edges.
8. Once baked, remove the peach cobbler from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving. This will give the juices time to thicken slightly.
Image: Peach Cobbler Served
– Serve warm with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream for an extra touch of indulgence.
– Drizzle a bit of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top for added sweetness and visual appeal.
– If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a handful of fresh berries, like blueberries or raspberries, to the peach filling for a delightful burst of flavor.
There you have it, my Peach Cobbler – a summery delight that transcends generations. As you take that first bite, let the soft, buttery biscuit melt in your mouth, while the luscious peaches burst with sweetness. May this simple yet profound dish bring you warmth, nostalgia, and a sense of togetherness, just as it has for me. Enjoy!
Image: Peach Cobbler