30 minutes (plus marinating time)
25-30 minutes per pound
1. Prepare the turkey breast: Begin by patting the turkey breast dry with paper towels. This step ensures a better sear and locks in the flavors. If your turkey breast is too thick, you can butterfly it carefully to create a more even thickness.
2. Season the turkey breast: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, dried rosemary, dried thyme, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful paste. Rub this mixture all over the turkey breast, ensuring every nook and cranny is covered with the aromatic blend. Allow the turkey breast to marinate for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavors.
3. Wrap the turkey in bacon: Preheat your grill to medium-low heat. Once the turkey breast has marinated, take the slices of bacon and wrap them around the turkey, ensuring they overlap slightly. The bacon not only adds a smoky flavor but also helps keep the turkey moist during the grilling process. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
4. Grill time: Carefully place the bacon-wrapped turkey breast on the preheated grill. Close the lid and cook over medium-low heat for about 25-30 minutes per pound. This slow cooking method ensures a tender and juicy turkey breast. Occasionally turn the turkey breast to ensure even cooking. Keep an eye on the grill temperature and adjust as needed to maintain a steady medium-low heat.
5. Check for doneness: Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey breast. Once it reaches 165°F (74°C), it is safe to consume. Keep in mind that the temperature may rise a few degrees after removing it from the grill due to residual heat. Remove the turkey breast from the grill and tent it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
6. Slice and serve: After the resting period, remove the toothpicks and carefully slice the bacon-wrapped turkey breast into thick, succulent pieces. Serve alongside your favorite grilled vegetables, a fresh salad, or creamy mashed potatoes. The options are endless!
Tips and Variations:
– For a touch of sweetness, lightly brush the bacon-wrapped turkey breast with maple syrup or honey before grilling.
– Experiment with different spices and herbs according to your preferences. Swap the rosemary and thyme with sage, oregano, or even a Cajun spice blend.
– If grilling isn’t an option, you can also bake the bacon-wrapped turkey breast in the oven at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 30-35 minutes per pound until it reaches the recommended internal temperature.
Indulge in this bacon-wrapped turkey breast and allow the smoky aroma to envelop your senses. It’s a dish that brings people together, nourishes the soul, and creates unforgettable moments. Happy grilling!