Breakfast is such a special meal for me. It’s a time of quiet reflection, a moment to set intentions for the day ahead, and most importantly, a chance to nourish my body with wholesome goodness. Today, I want to share with you a recipe that holds a special place in my heart – the Vegan Banana Pancakes!
Growing up, Sunday mornings were reserved for family breakfasts. The enticing scent of pancakes filled the air as my parents flipped them effortlessly on the griddle. It was a tradition that brought us all together, and even now, as a famous food critic, I look back on those moments with fondness.
Now, I’ve chosen to put a vegan twist on this classic breakfast dish. These Vegan Banana Pancakes are not only a deliciously fluffy stack of joy, but they also remind me of the simplicity and wholesomeness of those Sunday mornings.
Here’s what you’ll need for this delightful breakfast treat:
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon of baking powder
– 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or your preferred natural sweetener)
– 1 cup of plant-based milk (such as almond or oat milk)
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– A pinch of salt
– Coconut oil or vegan butter for cooking
Now, let’s dive into the steps to create these fluffy vegan pancakes:
Step 1: Mash the ripe banana in a mixing bowl until it becomes a smooth puree.
Step 2: Add the flour, baking powder, maple syrup, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and salt to the bowl. Mix everything together until the batter is smooth and well combined. Don’t overmix; a few lumps are perfectly fine.
Step 3: Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Add a small amount of coconut oil or vegan butter and let it melt, ensuring the pan is evenly coated.
Step 4: Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip gently with a spatula. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
Step 5: Repeat the process until all the batter is used, adding more oil or butter to the pan as needed.
Step 6: Serve your Vegan Banana Pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkling of fresh fruits, or a dollop of vegan yogurt. Get creative with your toppings – crushed nuts, chia seeds, or coconut flakes work beautifully too.
Now, here are a few tips and variations to make your Vegan Banana Pancakes even more delightful:
1. Experiment with other mashed fruits like apples or berries instead of bananas for a fruity twist.
2. For extra fluffiness, separate the batter into two bowls. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and gently fold in whipped aquafaba (chickpea brine whipped until stiff peaks form) into one bowl. Combine both batters just before cooking for extra airy pancakes.
3. Boost the nutritional value by adding a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds or chia seeds to the batter.
I hope these Vegan Banana Pancakes bring you as much joy as they do for me. Whether enjoyed alone or shared with loved ones, savor every bite and embrace the mornings that greet us with warmth, love, and delicious pancakes. Happy cooking!
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 3g
|Saturated Fat 1g
|Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrate 24g
|Dietary Fiber 1g
|Vitamin A 0%
|Vitamin C 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: