Growing up in a small town in southern France, my mornings were filled with the intoxicating aroma of freshly baked pastries wafting through the streets. One particular breakfast dish that holds a special place in my heart is the classic French croissant. Its buttery layers and flaky texture were the epitome of indulgence. However, as I ventured into the world of culinary exploration, I discovered a way to recreate that blissful morning experience in a keto-friendly manner. Today, I am excited to share with you my recipe for Keto Croissant Breakfast Casserole.
- 6 keto-friendly croissants (recipe link included in Tips section)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat and Grease
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Cut and Cube
Begin by cutting the keto-friendly croissants into bite-sized cubes. If you don’t have access to store-bought keto croissants, fret not! I have an incredible recipe (link below) which allows you to whip them up in your very own kitchen.
3. Assemble the Base
Once the croissants are cubed, spread them evenly in the greased baking dish. Sprinkle the cooked chopped bacon and shredded cheddar cheese over the croissants.
4. Whisk and Season
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. Feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your personal taste preferences.
5. Combine and Soak
Pour the egg mixture over the croissants, bacon, and cheese in the baking dish, ensuring everything is evenly coated. Gently press down on the mixture to ensure all the croissant cubes get soaked.
6. Add Chives
Sprinkle the chopped chives on top for an added pop of flavor and freshness.
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the casserole is golden brown and the eggs are set in the center.
8. Cool and Serve
Once done, remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving. The aroma will be irresistible, but exercise patience to ensure perfect slices.
Serve warm and enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of this delightful Keto Croissant Breakfast Casserole.
- For homemade keto croissants, click on this link.
- Experiment with different fillings such as cooked spinach, mushrooms, or sliced ham to customize this casserole to your liking.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to three days. Simply reheat individual portions in the microwave for a quick keto breakfast throughout the week.
This Keto Croissant Breakfast Casserole has become a cherished breakfast ritual in my household. As I savor each bite, memories of my French childhood intertwine with the satisfaction of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Do give this recipe a try, and let it transport you to a time and place where taste and wellness effortlessly coexist. Bon appétit!
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 14g
|Saturated Fat 7g
|Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrate 7g
|Dietary Fiber 0g
|Vitamin A 10%
|Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: