Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Introduction: Scrambled eggs, the epitome of simple yet delicious breakfast comfort food. Just the sound of those sizzling eggs hitting the pan brings back memories of lazy weekend mornings and peaceful family breakfasts. Today, I want to share with you my personal recipe for scrambled eggs that has been passed down through generations in my family. This recipe combines the timeless classic with a touch of creative flair, resulting in the perfect scrambled eggs that will leave you satisfied and craving for more.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped herbs (such as chives, parsley, or basil) for garnish
Step 1: Preparation
Start by cracking the eggs into a bowl and whisking them until they become homogenous. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and whisk again to incorporate the seasoning evenly. If you prefer a richer and creamier texture, stir in the milk or cream at this stage. This step ensures that the eggs are evenly seasoned and fully combined before cooking.
Step 2: Cooking
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt the butter until it starts to bubble. Swirl the melted butter around the pan to coat the surface evenly. This ensures that the eggs don’t stick and helps create a beautiful golden color. For extra flavor, you can also add a touch of olive oil or your favorite cooking oil.
Step 3: Scrambling
Once the skillet is hot, pour in the whisked eggs. Allow them to sit for a few seconds before gently stirring with a spatula in a slow, sweeping motion. The key to perfect scrambled eggs is to stir slowly and continuously. The goal is to create soft, creamy curds rather than a dry, rubbery mass. Keep stirring the eggs until they are mostly set but still slightly runny.
Step 4: Seasoning and Serving
Once the eggs are almost fully cooked, remove the skillet from the heat. The residual heat will continue cooking the eggs to perfection. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed, and garnish with your favorite herbs for an added pop of freshness. Serve the scrambled eggs immediately while they are still hot and creamy. They pair wonderfully with crusty bread, avocado, smoked salmon, or crispy bacon.
Tips and Variations:
- If you like your scrambled eggs more well-done, cook them for an additional minute, but make sure to keep stirring to prevent them from becoming dry.
- For a cheesy twist, add grated cheddar, feta, or goat cheese to the eggs while they are still cooking. The melted cheese adds an irresistible richness and creaminess to the dish.
- Feeling adventurous? Add a dash of hot sauce, a sprinkle of smoked paprika, or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- To make the scrambled eggs even fluffier, you can separate the egg whites and yolks, whisk the whites until stiff peaks form, and then gently fold them into the yolks before cooking. This technique creates an airy and light texture.
Scrambled eggs, a dish that brings warmth and comfort to the start of your day. With this simple recipe, you can elevate your breakfast game and enjoy a delicious meal that will keep you fueled throughout the morning. Give it a try and let your taste buds savor the delightful flavors. Happy cooking!
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 18g
|Saturated Fat 4g
|Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrate 25g
|Dietary Fiber 5g
|Vitamin A 0%
|Vitamin C 250%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4