Based on the recipe provided, here are the assumptions for Difficulty, Prep Time, and Cooking Time:
– Difficulty: Moderate
– Prep Time: 45 minutes (including 30 minutes for the filet mignon to reach room temperature)
– Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes (including searing and roasting times)
Here is the updated table:
– 4 filet mignon steaks (approx. 6 ounces each), about 1.5 inches thick
– 8 slices of bacon, preferably thick-cut
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, for garnish (optional)
1. Prep the Filet Mignon:
– Begin by allowing the filet mignon to reach room temperature, removing them from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. This ensures even cooking throughout.
– Season your filet mignon on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper. The quality of the meat demands simplicity, allowing its natural flavors to shine.
2. Embrace the Bacon:
– Lay two slices of bacon parallel to each other, slightly overlapping. Place a filet mignon steak across the bacon slices, and wrap the bacon firmly around the steak.
– Secure the bacon by inserting toothpicks diagonally through the bacon and into the steak. Be sure to use toothpicks that have been soaked in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent charring during cooking.
– Repeat the process for the remaining steaks. The union of bacon and filet mignon is a match made in culinary heaven, intensifying the flavor and adding a delightful layer of indulgence.
3. The Searing Symphony:
– Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Allow the oil to heat until shimmering, ensuring a perfect sear.
– Carefully place the bacon-wrapped filet mignons into the hot skillet, ensuring side-by-side placement to avoid overcrowding. The sizzle is a symphony of flavors that will make your kitchen come alive.
– Sear each side for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until a golden brown crust forms. This will ensure a beautiful caramelization and a tender center that melts in your mouth.
– If desired, add a sprig of fresh rosemary to the skillet while searing for an aromatic upgrade.
4. Achieving Perfection:
– Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
– Once both sides of the filets are seared to perfection, transfer them to a baking sheet lined with foil.
– Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 10-12 minutes or until your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of about 130-135°F (55-57°C) using an instant-read thermometer.
– Keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the thickness and size of your filet mignons. Always rely on your thermometer and personal preference to achieve the desired result.
5. Unveiling the Masterpiece:
– Once cooked to perfection, remove the filet mignons from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes. Resting is essential to lock in the flavors, ensuring a juicy and tender bite.
– Carefully remove the toothpicks, ensuring no stray elements find their way onto your plate. Serve each filet mignon whole, or slice them into medallions for a visually appealing presentation.
– Pair this delectable dish with your favorite side dishes or effortlessly let it take center stage alongside a delicate, velvety sauce of your choice.
Tips and Variations:
– For an additional layer of flavor, consider marinating the filet mignons in your favorite steak marinade for a couple of hours. This will infuse the meat with a delightful blend of herbs and spices.
– Experiment with different bacon varieties – hickory-smoked, applewood-smoked, or even candied bacon for a touch of sweetness.
– Elevate the dish further by serving it with a luxurious compound butter melting gently over the top, infused with flavors like garlic, blue cheese, or truffle.
– Don’t shy away from embracing other cuts if filet mignon is not readily available. Ribeye or New York strip steaks work beautifully with this recipe too.
Dear readers, the Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon is a symphony of flavors that celebrates special moments and cherished memories. With each delectable bite, allow yourself to be transported through time, enveloped in the warmth and delight this dish brings. It is my hope that this recipe enhances your own moments of togetherness, creating lifelong memories, and filling your hearts with joy. Happy cooking!